Thursday, August 21, 2014

Blade Bank

I decided earlier this year to switch from expensive modern razors to classic safety razors. Partly just for the novelty of it and partly because 7 bucks for 100 razors seemed a lot better than 30 bucks for 12. I get less shaves per razor but still works out to be much cheaper in the long run. 

However Safety Razors introduced a problem, what to do with all the used double edged razors. I did a bit of research and what is usually used to for this is whats called a Blade Bank. Basically a Tin box with a slot in it for dropping used blades. You can still find these floating around on the internet for 10-15 dollars but I figured TSS could get me one for under a buck so I put her on the job. 

This is what she came back with 

Fortunately, I love it! My wife likes it a bit less but I think it looks fabulous in our bathroom. I've been using it for a few weeks and it works perfectly. Razors fit nicely in the top.  


And for those interested here is my shaving set up. A Merkur HD and Omega Brush. Using Dr. Conks soaps. The almond is pictured but I prefer the Bay Rum. Not really a fan of the Nivea Balm. Still hunting for something I'd like better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment