Thursday, May 15, 2014

Crosley Record Player

 Next we have this Crossley 48PH Record Player. You'd think old record players would be easy to find cheap but with all the Hipsters into Vinyl these days you'd be wrong. Even these lower end players go for up to 120 on Ebay. However thanks to my Tag Sale Santa this was obtained for considerably less. 

 I'd been looking at some old pics of family in the late 70's and early 80's and had been feeling a little nostalgic for that time period. In particular the old record player I'd seen in a few pics reminded me of the one my Dad had while I was growing up. I'd used that thing a lot before the advent of CD's. My first album was Michael Jackson's Thriller when I was 10 years old. Over the years I'd amassed a few more but in time got rid of all of them except for Blue Oyster Cult's Fire of Unknown Origin, which I'd kept around mostly as a poster. When my mother in law showed up with this thing I was able to listen to that album again for the first time in almost 20 years.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment