Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Space Songs, Ballads for the Age of Science




To go along with the Crosley Record Player I mentioned in a previous post, TSS has been bringing me records to play on it. As Santa knows my tastes are eclectic I get all kinds of oddities. I'll eventually get around to posting about all the rest of them, but today I felt especially moved to post about this one. I love everything to do with Science and in particular Space Science, so this was right up my alley. I was completely blown away with how cool the songs are. 

I immediately turned to ye old Google and did some research. Apparently "Space Songs" is from an entire collection of scientific children's albums published in the 50's and 60's called "Ballads for the Age of Science". I can only hope the the others in the collection are as awesome as this one is. I believe this was a 50 cent find. I found one used copy on Amazon for 20 bucks. The sheer awesome factor of discovering that these albums exist is priceless however. 


Additionally, the album came with two inserts with all the lyrics for all the songs.



I found this video on YouTube of the of the catchy songs from the album if you want to see a little of whats on the album. 



No comments:

Post a Comment